Membership is open to all with an active research and/or educational interest in ICU practice and related fields. However, the membership should be addressed through the mother society; the STS.
The SICA recognizes 3 categories of membership:
General members who may or may not be STS members.
Special members (who work within the taskforce groups or assigned as a delegate for a region).
Executive Committee members.
- Open to anyone with an interest in ICU practice.
- May be conferred at any time.
- Must submit STS application and payment of annual dues.
- Membership will be renewed annually by receipt of payment of dues. All members shall pay an annual subscription of an amount to be determined by the Executive Committee.
- Membership shall automatically be suspended if the member fails to meet any obligation or make owed payments due to STS. Suspension shall continue until such obligations are met or all sums due to the STS are paid, whereupon such privileges may be reinstated by the Executive Committee.
- In special circumstances, dues may be waived by the Executive Committee.
- Must have a degree (MS, MD, PhD, RN).
- May be nominated by executive members at any time.
- Must submit application and payment of annual dues.
- May be conferred at any time by Executive Committee.
- Must participate in at least one taskforce.
- Have all entitlements of membership.
- Are elected in recognition of a substantial contribution to the ICU practice and related fields throughout their career. Nominations for executive membership shall be made in writing to the chairman of SICA before the periodic business meeting. Each nomination shall be accompanied by a statement of the academic qualifications, professional position and a list of relevant publications and potential contribution to the SICA mission. The chairman of SICA will select nominees to be presented for election to Senior Fellowship at the periodic business meeting. Membership is confirmed by a simple majority of those voting in favor
- Must submit application, conflict of interest form, copy of C.V., and the annual dues payment
- Take responsibility as leader or co-leader of the SICA Taskforces
- Are responsible for the maintenance of the SICA educational materials
- Have all entitlements of membership and can be elected for Executive Committee membership
- Access to the restricted area of the SICA website
- Eligible for participation in the SICA sponsored symposia and meetings
- Reduced fees for the SICA educational meetings and training sessions.
STS Membership Categories
The following three types of memberships can be offered:
Active Membership: This will be offered to those who will meet the membership requirements and having a related discipline degree or interest in any of the specialties of the Society. Active members have the right to vote.
Annual Membership Fee: PHYSICIANS: SR 300.00 NON-PHYSICIANS: SR 200.00
Affiliate Membership: Interns, residents and fellows in training programs related to the society can be offered such membership while in training. Registration and annual fees are reduced. However, affiliated members cannot attend any of the Society administrative meetings and have no voting rights.
Annual Membership Fee: SR150 .00
STS Membership Benefits
- The opportunity to chair sessions in Society's meetings and active participation in scientific committees related to the member's experience and academic interest.
- Free or discounted admission to all STS scientific activities (Symposiums, Conferences, medical meetings with credit hours ...etc...).
- Free subscription to Annals of Thoracic Medicine "ATM; www.thoracicmedicine.org", the scientific journal of STS.
- Obtaining all brochures, handouts, and booklets of STS for FREE.
- Getting the monthly "Pulmonary Medicine updates & abstracts".
- Free subscription to the STS Arabic Magazine "Al.Tanafus".
- Free admission to the monthly "Chest Club" meetings with credit hours.
- Receiving all STS scientific materials including local guidelines and medical books in the field of chest diseases.
- Email Alerts to all scientific events in the Kingdom and the world.
How to Pay the Fees
- Simply attend and pay the registration fee for the STS Annual Congress .
- Pay directly to STS Representative. (Please acquire a receipt).
- Pay at STS office (Exit 11 & the Airport Road), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Send a check payable to (Saudi Thoracic Society) by registered mail:
P. O. Box 106911
Deposit or transfer the amount in STS account:
Account Name: Saudi Thoracic Society
IBAN Number: SA0245000000154022925001
Swift Code: SABBSARI
Bank Name: SABB Bank (Rawdah Branch), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Send the bank slip via fax: 011 2487431